Thursday, September 25, 2014

iCIty, Shah Alam (20 September 2014)

Despite iCity being 15 minutes away from my house, we never really made an effort to visit. We've been there once in 2010 and never came back because at that time there was not much places of interest available (at least for me) and I was not willing to shell out RM10 parking fee to keep checking on the place :p

Anyway I jumped at the chance to  "try again" when my company announced that our company Family Day would be held in iCity and we'll be getting free passes to Waterworld, Snowalk and the Trick Art Museum. Last I check the tickets to check out all 3 attractions would set us back a couple of hundreds, so why not, huh?

I'm happy to say that we were not disappointed. Each individual attractions are not HUGE but it is enjoyable. Based on my memory, the Waterpark @ iCity is in a better condition than Wet World in Section 2 Shah Alam. So I do recommend a visit for parents, as the place is suitable to entertain both young children and teenagers. My only grouse on iCity is the practise of needing to subscribe to the RedCarpet card to purchase food/items in the attraction. The card itself cost RM10 and you would need to keep on reloading to purchase stuff. In my case I did not want to put in huge amount of money as I don't visit often, so I find myself having to make 3 trips to the reloading booth when I suddenly decided to buy something. 

I rate our family experience at 8/10.
For more ticketing and park information please click here

SNOWALK

The place is actually very cold (duh!! it is ice after all) The winter jacket is provided for free. Since the place is quite slippery, slippers are not recommended, you can rent boots from the counter at RM10 per pair (plus RM10 deposit). Mittens and hats are available at the store but we just brought ours from home so we did not have to spend any money :)





 TRICK ART MUSEUM

If you love taking photos (of yourself haha) this is an awesome place for you to visit. We had fun coming up with fun poses. The kids got a bit bored after a while which was understandable. For this I shall let the pictures do the talking.

 Ryan's favorite wall



 WATERWORLD

 Highlight of the day for my little munchkins. Ample of things to do to keep them occupied and happy :)