Monday, May 18, 2015

Malacca Foodpedition (2 May 2015- 4 May 2015)

You would think that since Malacca is our parents hometown and the fact that Lan and I visited Malacca at least once year, we would know all the "cool" hang out places. However, after doing a bit of a research, I realized that we've barely scratched the surface especially when it comes to the food scene. Armed with my new knowledge, I made it a point to make this trip a "foodpedition". Yeah yeah I know it should have been a more educational trip but the babies is still too young to appreciate the historical places, so lets fill our tummy instead. 

Day One: We had seafood at Jeti Anjung Batu, Umbai Melaka. Loved the sotong goreng tepung and ikan siakap 3 rasa especially with the warm nasi lemak buncut and air tebu. Heaven. It was also quite cheap costing us around RM 95 for fish, squid, butter prawns, kerang bakar and fried vege.

Day Two: We started our day with a walk around Dataran Pahlawan and Mahkota Parade which was connected to our hotel. We had fun shopping for cheap trinkets. 

After dropping at my aunt's house for the best assam pedas in the world, we went to  visit Pantai Klebang with my cousins. The munchkin was happy playing with sand and bubbles. 

Pictures with my darling cousins Izzah, Nurul, Amie and Khairul

Afterwards, we stopped by the nearby stalls for a quick evening tea of kuey teow ketam and coconut shake Klebang while overlooking the beach. The food was so-so, it wasn't bad but it was not great either. If you're looking for the coconut shake I would advice you to drive a bit further for the "real deal" which is situated by the roadside. However parking and queue time may be a bit of a problem. 


Later that night my cousins wanted to go for the River Night Cruise, so we tagged along. Orang Melaka doing the "tourisy" thing :) It was an enjoyable experience for us, and of course the kiddies who loved the boat ride. 


For dinner I insisted that we went searching for Pak Putra Naan & Tandoori which was mentioned in our hotel food brochure. I had to queue for almost 30 minutes but it was worth the wait. The food was so good. We had the plain naan, double cheese naan, garlic butter naan and the tandoori. The naan was fluffy and the tandoori was super tender. My mouth is watering just typing this. Sumpah sedap, I am so going back there again the next time I'm in town. 

Day 3: Before we left for home, we stopped by the EeJiBan Chicken Rice Ball Restaurant situated behind our hotel. The restaurant was featured in countless newspaper and magazine article and JJCM. My babies really enjoyed the chicken rice balls and roast chicken. The sambal prawn and kailan ikan masin was also very tasty. All in all an enjoyable eating experience. 

I think I gained like 2kgs during our 3 days trip to Malacca but it was truly worth it. We're already talking about visiting again soon as I owe my babies a "Frozen" beca ride. Inshallah :)