Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Heritage Hotel, Ipoh (22-23 March 2014)

Our travel plans to Ipoh for my brother in law Nikah was a pretty last minute one, we were so thankful that we managed to secure a room at a reasonable rate from Booking.com despite the school holidays. At RM150++ with free breakfast pluss 2 free welcome drinks, I would say we got a pretty good deal.

The car ride from Klang to Ipoh took us over 3 hours due to the holiday jam, other than that the trip was pretty much uneventful :p


We chose Heritage Hotel due to its location to the wedding reception venue, anyway it is easy to access too and there's a few restaurants around if you don't feel like eating at the hotel.

Google Photo
The room is pretty big but the furniture is a bit "old". Maybe it is time for a renovation? Other than that I have no other complaints. The kids love the space and I find it comfortable.

There is a horse stable behind the hotel, so the children had fun in the morning "spying" on the horses doing its morning exercises :) We were all too tired to go out for dinner so we ordered room service. The Chicken Rice and Nasi Goreng was pretty tasty and quite cheap considering that it is room service.

Basic and clean bathroom, an absolute MUST for me :) 
(and most people I would think so)

Did not bother taking a photo of the breakfast buffet as it was very basic. Some of the buffet utensils was a bit dirty, saw loads of fingerprints on the juice glasses. I have made complaints and hopefully they'll do something about it. 

I rate our experience at Heritage Hotel a 6.9/10. It was ok and comfortable for a short stay but I don't think I would choose it again for a stay longer than 2 nights due to the lack of activities in the hotel and around it.